Upper-case ‘i’ and lower-case L are indistinguishable in the default sans serif font. This is usually not problematic because context clarifies which letter is likely in any word. In some cases, such as when a story or novel uses coined or technical terms, confusion can result. In my case, I used the word AIde, in which the second character is an upper-case ‘i’ and the word is intended to be an abbreviation of AI (artificial intelligence) aide. This is not a critical matter and would be resolved when the manuscript is exported to Word. In this instance, I decided to use a different term that’s not subject to this issue.
If others upvote this perhaps it is worth a code change. Otherwise, I would take this as an obscure matter of low importance.